GLUTEN FREE. GRAIN FREE.
I am a recipe blog stalker. There. It's out! I'm one of the RARE people who pin yummy goodness on Pinterest and then ACTUALLY make it and eat it!!! (I cannot, however, say the same for my "Home Sweet Home" board...I'm not sure I've done ANYTHING I've pinned on that one.)
In my YEARS of recipe blog stalking, the thing that irritates me most is the needless verbiage BEFORE the recipe.
Yes, I know your Great Aunt Hilda passed down the family heirloom recipe for a German Chocolate cake that crossed the Ocean Blue in 1492 with Christopher Columbus, but, quite frankly...
I JUST WANT TO EAT IT!
Therefore, my dear readers, I vow to NOT junk up this UNBELIEVABLY DELICIOUS pan of "wow" with my rants about how awesome it is. (It IS awesome, GRAIN-FREE and a favorite around Windy Ridge Farm!) Without further ado...I present to you:
Spasanga Grain free/Gluten free Spaghetti Pizza Bake
1 spaghetti squash
1/2 pound sausage
1/2 pound lean ground beef (93/7)
1 small onion diced
24 oz pasta sauce
3 large eggs
1 T Italian seasoning
4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
16 pepperoni (optional)
1. Cut spaghetti squash in half and place cut side down on a baking sheet. Roast in 425 oven for 35-45 minutes or until squash flakes out with a fork like spaghetti noodles.
2. While spaghetti squash is cooking, place diced onions, 1/2 pound sausage, and 1/2 pound ground beef in large skillet. Brown over medium high until meat is cooked through.
3. Break eggs into small bowl and whisk. Set aside.
4. Place spaghetti squash “noodles” in 9x13 baking dish. Mix in cooked sausage/ground beef/onions, pasta sauce, whisked eggs, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning until well
(If it looks completely and utterly disgusting, like you're pretty sure it doesn't appear to be edible, you're SOOO doing it right! - and nothing that a little mozzarella won't cure!)
5. Bake at 425 for 30-35 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and top with shredded mozzarella cheese & pepperoni. Return to oven and broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and browned.
Living light together,